Earn the "Jumma Patch"
Brownie and Junior Girl Scouts
Brownie/Junior Girl Scouts go for Juma'h prayers with their parents/troop leader/or older sibling.
They are required to follow the Sunnah:
- Take a bath
- Wear clean clothes
- Use the miswak, if available
- Try to come early so that they can be in the front row of the jama'at
- Listen to the khutbah
- Read the two rakah of Juma'h prayers
Cadette and Senior Girl Scouts
Cadette/Senior Girl Scouts add the following to the above:
- Help out to clean the masjid before and after the Juma'h salah
- Share the message of the khutbah with younger Girl Scouts, or members of their families and friends
- Memorize the first ten verses of Surah Al-Kahf (Surah 18, "The Cave"). (According to a hadiath of Allah Subhaanahu's Messenger, salAllaho alaihi wa sallam, the memorizing of these ten verses will save us from the fitna of the Dajjal and the Last Days)
- Recite the last ten verses of Surah Al-Kahf (according to a hadiath of Allah Subhaanahu's Messenger, salAllaho alaihi wa sallam, whoever recites the last ten verses of Surah Al-Kahf, and if the Dajjal happens to reveal himself (during the reciter's life time), he will not be able to harm him at all)
- Recite the entire Surah Al-Kahf on Fridays. (According to a hadiath of Allah Subhaanahu's Messenger, salAllaho alaihi wa sallam, the reciting of this Surah every Friday will provide a light (noor) for the reader from one Jum'ah to the following one). Cadette/Senior Girl Scouts can read the Surah on the eve of Juma'h, that is, Thursday night (which can be done according to another hadiath). Please remember to also read and understand the meaning of this amazing Surah of the Quran al-Kareem.