Earn the "Share Ramadan with a Friend Patch"
Brownie and Junior Girl Scouts
Suggestons for Brownie/Junior Girl Scouts to earn this patch:
- Invite Muslim and non-Muslim friends for iftaar (breaking of the fast) to their homes, or during troop meetings
- If they invite their non-Muslim friends, make a small presentation about Ramadhan before the iftaar to explain the significance of Ramadhan in Islam
- The invitation cards for The Share Ramadhan Patch iftaar to be made by the Brownie/Junior Girl Scouts
Cadette and Senior Girl Scouts
Suggestions for Cadette/Senior Girl Scouts to earn this patch. Add the following to the above requirements:
- Cadette/Senior Girl Scouts make foods from different Muslim countries to share with their Muslim and non-Muslim friends during the iftaar
- They can seek permission from the Masjid Committee to hold the iftaar at the masjid.
- If non-Muslim friends are invited they can be introduced to the Masjid Dress Code.
- If non-Muslim friends are invited to stay and observe the salah, they can be provided an explanation of the significance of the salah for Muslims (during the earlier presentation), or in a Ramadhan brochure prepared by the Cadette/Senior Girl Scouts.